PARKING. Parking spaces are for parking your vehicle, not for repairing it or advertising it for sale. To be eligible for our free on-site parking, your vehicle must be insured and have appropriate license plates. Please do not park in spaces for other apartments. If you have visitors who need parking, the should park at available parking spaces and lots outside the complex. Please do not park anywhere you see no parking signs to avoid blocking garbage pick-up areas and sewer/water access areas. If you park incorrectly, your car will be towed away at your expense.
LAUNDRY. The laundry room is open from 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (8:00-20:00). Leave your laundry basket or bag on the machine you’re using so if someone comes and your cycle is done, they can put your clothes in your basket/bag and use the machine themselves. Please also clean up after yourself to keep the laundry room free of clutter. You can also hang your clothes to dry on the clotheslines behind the building. Please keep the laundry room locked.Please do not dry towels and clothes on terrace/balcony railings or homemade clotheslines. Use the dryers in the laundry room or the clotheslines located behind the building.
POOL. The pool is available for use from 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (8:00-20:00). It is for relaxing and swimming – not for playing music or having pool parties. For hygiene purposes, please shower before using the pool. For safety reasons, please refrain from diving, jumping, and excessive splashing. The pool is for the exclusive use of tenants, not outsiders. Please refrain from disposing of cigarette butts in the flower pots. In general, please help keep the pool area clean and free of clutter.
AIR CONDITIONING. Please clean the filters at least once a month. Dirty filters lead to a higher bill! If you have any questions how to do this, please contact the owner/manager.
ELECTRICITY. Aruba has occasional power outages. If you do not have electricity in your apartment, first be sure you are up-to-date with paying ahead for electricity. If your account is up-to-date, check the switches in the fuse box. Check to see if your immediate neighbors have power. If several apartments are without power, call the electric company ELMAR at (297) 523-7100 or contact the owner/manager.
WiFi. The WiFi in the apartment complex uses standard connections through routers and amplifiers. The signals from time to time may be weak. If there is no connection, you can always call the owner/manager during regular office hours. We are dependent on external companies here in Aruba (SETAR). Resolving WiFi problems may take several days. The routers may be cleared, but not the amplifiers.
Routers and amplifiers are in the apartments;
GENERAL. Please note the following rules and procedures:
1. Visitors/sublets. You are not allowed to sublet your apartment! The landlord reserves the right to prohibit visitors who want to stay in an apartment. If you have visitors/travelers, you must inform the owner or manager. The cost per visitor for overnight stays in your apartment is AWG 15 per day.
2. Max occupancy. 1-bedroom apartments have a maximum occupancy of TWO people and 2-bedroom apartments have maximum occupancy of 4 people.
3. Pets. There are NO pets allowed.
4. Stray Dogs. Do not feed stray dogs at the apartments. Do not leave your trash outside your door because the dogs go looking for food there. If you fail to manage your garbage and attract stray dogs, you will be charged an extra AWG 100 per month for pest control and cleaning up any garbage or dog poop.
5. Furniture. All the furniture in the apartment must stay IN the apartment and is NOT for outdoor use.
6. Garbage. Please collect your garbage daily into sealed bags and place those bags into the containers provided on the grounds. Code for garbage bin: 0408. Keep your apartment clean and free of leftovers and garbage to prevent vermin.
7. Be considerate of your fellow tenants here at Aquazul!
Please note that repeated violations of these terms and conditions could result in your lease/contract being cancelled. You will be warned of any violations in person or by email.
· A deposit equal to one month’s rent is due at the time of signing the lease along with the first month of rent.
· The deposit will be returned to the tenant at the end of the lease period, less any deductions for damages or other unpaid fees.
· The deposit cannot serve as last month’s rent.
· Rent is payable on or before the first day of each month, paid into the designated Aruba Bank account (tenants will be provided with this information).
· A late fee of 10% of the monthly rent will be charged per day of tardiness, up to a maximum amount of 50% of the monthly rent.
· Minor repairs to things such as locks or panes are the responsibility of the tenant. Other repairs will be handled as promptly as possible by the owner/manager.
· Maintenance needed for water, electricity, and air-conditioning are the responsibility of the tenant.
· Air-conditioning service and maintenance should be performed every 6 months as well as at the end of the lease period.
· If the landlord incurs legal expenses to address a tenant’s non-compliance, the tenant will be billed for those fees.
· A long-term lease will automatically renew for another six months unless the tenant notifies the landlord two months in advance of their intention to not continue renting the apartment.
· The tenant is required to help maintain the yard and plants in satisfactory manner, including regular watering of plants.
· Long-term tenants will be notified either in writing, in person or by email of any non-compliance issues after which repeated violations may result in being forced to vacate the premises.